Friday, July 11, 2008

"My Neighborhood of Variety"

Chandler Jones

July 8, 2008



Many things represent my neighborhood. The first thing I think symbolizes the neighborhood is the streets that I walk through. Immediately when i'm in my neighborhood I think about th streets. Also the neighbors that have known me since I was a baby. Sometimes it's violence where I live but to me I love to stay positive. There are graffitti words on buildings and different colored houses. Different houses look red, brown, green and sometimes black. My house is green and usually we get it repainted every year. The sounds I hear are kids playin, the ice cream truck circling around and cooking sounds. Different smells ignite my taste buds such as: fried chicken, and fresh veggies. When I walk around, I also look at the sky wishing I had wings. Things flow through my head in different surroundings. I can write a poem if the things flow through peacefully. Trees in my neighborhood to me symbolizes life, and nature. They also protect us from the sun. The wind also blows through my hair when I walk slowly, and I constantly feel as through i'm only at peace with myself. My mother wants to move, so we can get away from the violence. To me even though a neighborhood of violence may be bad, for some reason it's the only thing that I know..

No comments: