Friday, July 18, 2008

Gas Prices on the Rise


Gas prices in this country are ridiculous. Gas is so high that some families can't afford it, bottom line, it's killing people's financial state. It's not a problem for me at this time because I don't drive, but it is a problem for my parents. It's probably none of my business, but I know it's hurting them. The way people are dealing with this issue isn't good either, because people aren't doing anything about it. They're just going to suck the gas dry until it's all gone, and then what? As a resolution, well, to be honest, the problem is that there is no resolution, but I do believe we can cut down on gas consumption.


People have a tendency to consume gas pretty loosly. That's one of the reasons you see a lot of people driving smaller cars compared to colossal SUV's. Now if peoplewere to drive smaller cars that are more earth-friendly, for instance, a Honda Fit or Toyota Prius, gas in this state would most likely be used more sparingly. On the other hand, compared to an Escalade or a Hummer, they consume a great handful of gas.


Right now, gas is a major factor in people's budget, and I predict a lot of people will be walking soon or taking Septa. Septa will make a whole lot of money this summer. I recently read an article that said that Septa have so many new passengers they are going to announce a "major shift" in all transit services. This will include more frequent regional rail service and, most likely, expanded bus routes. This article can be found on
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06292008-1556139.html. This has all the informatin if you'd like to read more. Most people will be forced to take Septa anyway, although Septa can't always be relied on either.

To conclude my arguement, gas prices are rising, and it doesn't look like its going to stop anytime soon. With the gas prices predicted to be about seven dollars at the end of the summer, something needs to be done. I just hope i touced someone out there and that my voice was heard.

No comments: